Sunday, March 2, 2014

Carpe Clichè! a Snow Day Observed

That's right, it's yet another snow day in St. Louis.  Not quite a "called off of work" snow day, but one that kept me snowed in from attending services (all were canceled at my church).
And yes, if you are keeping tabs, I had to stay in anyway as I am contagious to society due to my strep throat.

However, that did not prevent me from having a wonderfully clichè day indoors.  
I will write about it as if I did not take multiple naps and breaks to rest from my activity.

I kicked off the day by reading for hours.  I have 2 books on my night stand/ coffee table.  They rotate between the two locations because when I am sick (for whatever reason) I sleep on the couch.

a timely read
because I'm stir crazy
The reason is I like to feel like I'm snug and since my cat won't spoon me, and my bed is too big, the couch steps up.

Then there was following the nurse practitioner's orders like: sanitize everything and throw out toothbrush. This was followed by folding laundry and rediscovering my socks.

And for my last ubiquitous snowy day act, I intend to make French Toast for the very first time.
You read correctly I have not made French Toast before.  

Which meant I needed to round up some recipes.
(Or it really meant I wanted an excuse to indulge my food photography craving.)

These are in my top 5...which expanded into 6 or 7:

1.) A Beautiful Mess: Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast
Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast Recipe via A Beautiful Mess
Credit: A Beautiful Mess
2.) Smitten Kitchen: Cinnamon Toast French Toast

cinnamon toast french toast, a smitten kitchen cookbook preview
Credit: Smitten Kitchen

3.) Smitten Kitchen: Boozy Baked French Toast

alex is sick
Credit: Smitten Kitchen
4.) Sprouted Kitchen: Buttermilk French Toast

Credit: Sprouted Kitchen
5.) Spoon Fork Bacon: Banana Bread French Toast
Banana Bread French Toast
Credit: Spoon Fork Bacon
6.) Spoon Fork Bacon: Baked Apple Cinnamon French Toast

Baked Apple Cinnamon French Toast

Credit: Spoon Fork Bacon 

18
Credit: Tartine Bakery & Cafe



I am enjoying being completely content and unoriginal.  I hope the same for you.  
Now may your clichè day be seized!  

No comments:

Post a Comment